Make it harder for banned members to rejoin

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

One of the features in my current development is when I ban a user, its harder for them to rejoin during the length of the ban. This is because the site automatically recognizes a shared IP address from the user.

NOTE: I never banned the ip. The site did an ip search upon registration and automatically knew, X user was banned and Y new user has the same IP, so Y user is denied.

Now obviously, this could be circumvented by the user changing their IP. But this does help keep your typical end user from out.

And in the case with someone who was using proxies to begin with, it definitely has its advantages because they can't easily get back in. The site kept track of their full user history and knows to deny all those shared IP's from rejoining ;)

• Again I know you want this to be within the core system.

But given the fact that it might not be implemented have a look at this plugin:
    Erweiterte Sperre

Your recent replies are growing concerning... The automatic assumption that anything suggested is unlikely, is discouraging.

WBB needs to add more core features to help curve troublesome individuals.

• But given the fact that it might not be implemented have a look at this plugin:

Erweiterte Sperre

That only works as a cookie. And this is exactly how WBB works now (I know, I tested the ban). So that addon isn't needed in 4.1

Further that is not what I suggested....

My suggestion refers to the site automatically detecting an IP belonging to a banned member and denying it from registering (without banning the ip)

• I understand. I will keep my mouth shut from now on :D

It's just that I do not think that WL will add more features to the WBB 4.1 version (just my personal opinion)

Oh no... By all means, speak up. I encourage a difference of opinion and individual perspectives.

I think we're having a miscommunication...

I understand my more recent request will likely not end up in 4.1 (although I would LOVE it if they did). I'm aiming my request in general for the future... ie... 4.2

• Alright ;)

But I still hope that some of your requests (generally most of them are core material) will be implemented... who knows :D

off topic...

My main concern at the moment is the blogs. It seems so far all my request there have been ignored. That's what I'm really watching since most of my community now uses the blogs more than the forums. If they fail, we can't move to WBB.

Critical

Willing to compromise

^ If not attachments, at least hotlink photos and videos

• My main concern at the moment is the blogs.

Which isn't the main product of WL ;)

They are busy pushing out WBB 4.1, the blog isn't at the top of the priority list atm.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Which isn't the main product of WL ;)

They are busy pushing out WBB 4.1, the blog isn't at the top of the priority list atm.

I would hope they will give it the same level of attention after they release the forums. IP.Board for example has started to expand their blogs and I would expect Woltlab to complete

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!