Double clicking a word selects trailing whitespace

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

If you double click a word in the editor, a trailing whitespace is also selected. This leads to unwanted results when you want to highlight text, e.g. when using underline in a sentence (you can see how the whitespace also got underlined, but it is also very noticeable with the inline-code BBCode).

Browser is Chrome Version 39.0.2171.65 m

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I never really paid attention to it since i used to use source code all the time and rarely need to select single words in a browser otherwise :P

But it's good to know, but that doesn't makes it less annoying :(

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Offizieller Beitrag

But it's good to know, but that doesn't makes it less annoying :(

Indeed, but this is the default behavior for all kind of applications and OS I'm aware of, you can even fire up a simple text editor and try it out, it will behave the same. I suspect this behavior is intended to aid deletion of words because it gets rid of the trailing whitespace too, but is more or less annoying when it comes to formatting.

• Eclipse doesn't, and neither does Notepad++, otherwise I would've gone crazy a long time ago.

And just because you made me curios I checked LibreOffice Writer - it does not select a trailing whitespace, and neither does Adobe Reader. At least not under Windows.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!