Welcome to Woltlab Burning Board 4.1 Beta 1

• First I want to thank the development team for their continued efforts and hard dedicated work. Woltlab has made a continued effort to listen to their customers and apply the feedback they thought would work best for everyone. As well as their true tested goal of making a superior and stable product, being that even the Alpha turned out solid enough to run on the live site. :thumbup:

I surely cannot speak for everyone, but I personally am excited to see WBB 4.1 and love the new features, particularly the editor which made WBB fully responsive and mobile friendly. I know that mobile device usage is on the rise. On some communities that I help administer, more than half (greater than 50%) use a wide variety of mobile tablets and cellular phones. And while some people could use CkEditor (the old editor), it was a larger download making it slower for some, but also it failed to function on such a wide variety of devices (Nokia for example).

So I'm very pleased to see The Development Team of Woltlab decided to switch to Redactor (the newest version). :thumbup:

This also helped a lot for those who are still on slower internet speeds. Much to many people's surprise, not everyone has high speed internet when they surf the world wide web. There are indeed places in the world where dial-up or lower speed DSL is still the norm. =O So having a small download footprint really does make a difference and this change improves that. :)

On a personal note... While I am new to Woltlab, I have already been made to feel welcome. <3 I want to thank many of you who have been helpful and supportive in my stay here. I don't want to go naming people, because I'd likely forget someone (not intentionally, I'm just forgetful :P ).

I look forward to my continued use of Woltlab Burning Board and again, thanks to the development team for their continued efforts and hard work and dedication. :thumbup:

So what are your thoughts now that beta 1 is live here on Woltlab.com ?

• The beta is still not live here :)
    Check the footer. This beta.woltlab.com will not be updated anymore.
    Most of the posts will be imported to the main WL Forum and then the forum will be upgrade to the first beta version.
    At 6pm GMT +1

I know. :)

Something to look for when they migrate this onto the live site ;)

• I love woltlab, I really do, and I cant wait for 4.1... But...

Beta one... I would like to know what suggestions were implemented from the beta site, because at the moment I am inclined to think not many. As we move into beta I gotta ask, what was the point of a sugestions forum?

I mean I do not see any of the features anyone suggested added and bugs like German content showing in the dashboard when I have selected English only still exist...

• I love woltlab, I really do, and I cant wait for 4.1... But...

Beta one... I would like to know what suggestions were implemented from the beta site, because at the moment I am inclined to think not many. As we move into beta I gotta ask, what was the point of a sugestions forum?

I mean I do not see any of the features anyone suggested added and bugs like German content showing in the dashboard when I have selected English only still exist...

You joking?

Tons of things that were suggest on the beta site were added.
    Closed Suggestions

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!