Quote comments

• As a blog can be very interactive between the blog author and his / her readers, it would be nice to be able to quote comments in the blog replies. Especially if some of those replies are lengthy and you only want to quote and bring to light part of those replies. And finally, it can make those replies and whom you're addressing easier to follow.

• I don't particular like that idea. I don't like blogs where the discussion in the comments goes out of way. If you have much to say, write your own blog post as response. I'm currently working on bringing pingbacks / trackbacks to Mercury, maybe I will offer a blog plugin for pingbacks / trackbacks as well.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I don't particular like that idea. I don't like blogs where the discussion in the comments goes out of way. If you have much to say, write your own blog post as response. I'm currently working on bringing pingbacks / trackbacks to Mercury, maybe I will offer a blog plugin for pingbacks / trackbacks as well.

Even if comments stay on topic, you likely may have more than one person replying. It is not always self evident who you are replying to. There may also be replies to those replies from other members.

Quoting makes this all easier to follow in general.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!