'Contact Us' thread

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

So typically on any development, when someone uses the 'contact us' what ends up happening is their message is routed to my inbox (email). We currently use an addon to circumvent this, because frankly we do not want anything going to my email box and would rather keep all communication on the site. So ideally it would be very nice if when someone used the 'contact us' it would automatically made a thread in a forum of my desire.

Few reason why this would be wanted...

• I check the site more than I do email
    • Having it on the forum allows staff members to address it as well (who may see it sooner)
    • It helps prevent spam (a post would leave an ip)
    • It helps prevent abuse (if someone abuses it, its easier to manage rather than filling my inbox with junk)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don't really thing this belongs into the software, the use cases are limited. Yet this can be easily accomplished with a plugin, all it needs to do is provide a form which upon submit creates a thread through the Burning Board API.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I don't really thing this belongs into the software, the use cases are limited. Yet this can be easily accomplished with a plugin, all it needs to do is provide a form which upon submit creates a thread through the Burning Board API.

The whole point is

• It is a legal requirement in some locations to have an obvious contact method
    • I would rather it not forward those message into my email, but keep it on the site.

But I'd like to see how other people vote on this :)

• The contact us plugin works perfectly

Some like this is important and I would prefer not to depend on a plugin.

Although I do not think the plugin sends the message to a forum of my choosing (it still sends it to email). The whole idea is NOT to have it delivered to email.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!