mobile application (not TapaTalk) / Mobile-Anwendung (nicht Tapatalk)

• I would very much like to see Woltlab at some point in the future, for Woltlab to develop an mobile application for their products and services.

TapaTalk has become nothing more than adware. The app currently directs traffic away from sites, both in the app while browsing your community and also via email marketing.

https://support.tapatalk.com/t…away-from-my-forum.25937/
    https://support.tapatalk.com/t…er-sites-not-yours.26085/

It would be better if there was an inhouse solution.

Ich würde sehr gerne Woltlab irgendwann in der Zukunft, für Woltlab eine mobile Anwendung für ihre Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu entwickeln.

Tapatalk hat sich nichts mehr, als Adware. Die App leitet derzeit Verkehr weg von Websites, die beide in der App beim Surfen Ihrer Gemeinde und auch über E-Mail Marketing.

https://support.tapatalk.com/t…away-from-my-forum.25937/
    https://support.tapatalk.com/t…er-sites-not-yours.26085/

Es wäre besser, wenn es eine Inhouse-Lösung.

Edited 2 times, last by Aslan ().

• What exactly do you need? If you have a proper responsive design you don't need and app.

What I do for example with my forum. I do have some designs which would not work properly on mobile devices. But I installed the default theme, the one the forum uses here, and in addition I do have a nice plugin by @Black Rider named mobile style exchanger. This helpful plugin automatically checks if the user browses the forum via mobile and changes the default style to the one set up in the acp(the one working properly for mobiles)

• He certainly talking about something similar to vBulletin Mobile Suite

But honestly, wBB working perfectly on mobile without native app

• What exactly do you need? If you have a proper responsive design you don't need and app.

What I do for example with my forum. I do have some designs which would not work properly on mobile devices. But I installed the default theme, the one the forum uses here, and in addition I do have a nice plugin by @Black Rider named mobile style exchanger. This helpful plugin automatically checks if the user browses the forum via mobile and changes the default style to the one set up in the acp(the one working properly for mobiles)

He certainly talking about something similar to vBulletin Mobile Suite

But honestly, wBB working perfectly on mobile without native app

While it is true a responsive design is all you should need and all I personally ever use; the mobile generation is app dependent. You could point out the mobile browser to them and they don't care. Their view-point is no app, no care. That is the younger generation and the future that we should be concerned about.

• While it is true a responsive design is all you should need and all I personally ever use; the mobile generation is app dependent. You could point out the mobile browser to them and they don't care. Their view-point is no app, no care. That is the younger generation and the future that we should be concerned about.

They also get bored of apps quickly

• They also get bored of apps quickly

One could technically say the same things about forums in general, but if it's all the same, I'd rather encourage those who don't grow tired; to embrace them via the media they do embrace which is the apps.

• Alright but what kind of advantages do you see in an app if the mobile browser already offers you everything there is to proper use all advantages?

From what I have been told...

• Ease of access
    • Not having to type an address or use a bookmark

This is what app users want. And while a browser is easy to use, the younger generation has no interest in it.

• An android app would be very handy. I've already though about developing one. But how should it look like? How would you be able to find burning board forums? Should there be a centralized site where you need to register your forum in order to see it in the app?

• I will take a look at it. I have the advantage that I have already developed an android application with WCF 2.0 as a backend. I'll keep you updated, but it will take a lot of time.

• And will have all the problems that are associated with tapatalk.

^ THIS.

The point is to NOT depend on TapaTalk or use their API either. Ideally, an app should be completely independent away from TapaTalk and have no association or affiliation with them.