Random Thoughts & chat

• With Cloudllare, I used to get one IP for all users!
    Has anything changed?

You have to configure your site to translate reverse proxies. You got that because Cloudflare acts as a proxy between you users and your server, so you kept getting the proxy IP (Cloudflare).

If you're using nginx for example, you need to add the following to your nginx.conf file directly after http {

Finally inside any of your virtual config files, directly after
    server {
    listen YOUR IP, YOUR PORT
    You want to place the same thing again. Restart nginx and all should be well. ;)

edit: You can always get their current IP ranges here https://www.cloudflare.com/ips

It maybe a good idea to add those IP's to your firewall's allowed as well.

• Forum Software: Burning Board® 4.1.0, developed by WoltLab® GmbH

No more beta
    No more rc

Hello gold release.... Now please shut up and take my money already

Spoiler anzeigen
  • Forum Software: Burning Board® 4.1.0, developed by WoltLab® GmbH

No more beta
    No more rc

Hello gold release.... Now please shut up and take my money already

Spoiler anzeigen

Thinking* sadly...i was hoping for public release this weekend, but with the flood of new bugs, etc, I don't see it happening. :( Possibly next month sometime. Which means more waiting for both and longer yet for user blogs, cause public beta testing for that won't start till after 4.1 is released. X( And I have yet to wait more months for Gallery and Calendar plugins before launching site, so been waiting since 2012 to launch, and only waiting and spending money. :thumbdown:

• And then you'll be waiting for BB 4.2 and gallery 2.2 etc. It never ends. At some-point you gotta bite the bullet and accept what is on offer now. Ive been there, waiting for Invision power shite to get their act together... sometimes it's better to get on... there is a ton of stuff 'I need' but at least im growing my community, search ranks etc whilst I wait for new features or code/pay for them.

• There will *always* be something worth waiting for. You will never have a software that is finished ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Yes, when 4.1 is out, I plan to stick to that for long time lol. Unless there's big bugs in 4.1 and the fixes arrive in 4.2, so "forced" to get big fixes in next big version because they don't rewrite big engine of 4.1. With 4.0, you can't do multiple device logins (didn't know this before) and that's something that most social sites and etc handle for long time, so to allow that feature I have to get 4.1. Plus, I had to get specific plugins, wait on few to be developed, also why the waiting. I agree though, I'd rather have software with less bugs and less frustration, but I'll accept patch updates for current "little" bugs, after 4.1 release.. lol.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (28. Februar 2015 um 19:47)

• Thinking* sadly...i was hoping for public release this weekend, but with the flood of new bugs, etc, I don't see it happening. :( Possibly next month sometime. Which means more waiting for both and longer yet for user blogs, cause public beta testing for that won't start till after 4.1 is released. X( And I have yet to wait more months for Gallery and Calendar plugins before launching site, so been waiting since 2012 to launch, and only waiting and spending money. :thumbdown:

I said it from day 1 .... We will see 4.1 in March. It's not March yet ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!