Option to disable url profile field

• When playing with the demo I did not see such an options, so I would like to request this for future release.

A lot of people (and spam bots) join only to add their url into the "homepage" field (profile spam). While I can understand why some sites would want this, I can think of a lot more who wouldn't mind see it vanish. So I think this should be an option.

• Official Post

In addition, by default all user-provided outgoing links will have the rel="nofollow" attribute added. While most search engines do follow links nevertheless, they will not be included in ranking calculations, therefore these spam links are rendered void by the software. In return you will see the software being less targeted, simply because it is not worth the effort.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• In addition, by default all user-provided outgoing links will have the rel="nofollow" attribute added. While most search engines do follow links nevertheless, they will not be included in ranking calculations, therefore these spam links are rendered void by the software. In return you will see the software being less targeted, simply because it is not worth the effort.

This is nice and all, but for my own purposes and reasons, I just rather have the option to remove the option altogether

You can remove/disable every profile field (ACP -> Users -> User profile fields)

^ Thankfully, it seems that I can indeed do this very easily with Woltlab Burning Board without needing to make any customization or modification. This will make things much easier. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!