Better SEO by Default

• People generally associate 'SEO URL's' to automatically mean it is something like example.com/forum-category/post-name/#REPLYID

This should be a built in default feature to either:

-Have SEO completely disabled, so: example.com/index.php?=showthread.php?123
    -Partial SEO, so: example.com/index.php/PAGENAME/forum-category/post-name/#REPLYID
    -Full SEO, so: example.com/forum-category/post-name/#REPLYID

• The only thing I don't care for much is the "index.php/" attached to the urls. But the new SEO plugin is a bit costly for just removing the "index.php/" from urls.. They should make a "deluxe" version of SEO plugin for 5.95 price and a simplified version with maybe two features for cheaper price. The simplified version to remove "index.php/" and maybe makes Sitemap for 2.95 or 1.99 eur. :P But after thinking about it, I'll probably just keep the default url system, it's free. Lol

• But they also aren't as user friendly ;)

That was my biggest beef with them. It's easier for user's to remember short and easy to remember url method to write out, than super long and confusing ones.

Code
    domain.com/forum/index.php/Thread/220889-Better-SEO-by-Default/

easier: domain.com/forum/thread/better-seo-by-default/ and hit go, done.

• well I typed in google "better seo by default waltlab" and the result is attached in previous post.Thats is user friendly :)

first image was related to facebook linking the site ,that is less important :)

• well I typed in google "better seo by default waltlab" and the result is attached in previous post.Thats is user friendly :)

first image was related to facebook linking the site ,that is less important :)

Yeah, I'm just meaning for example, if you're out with a friend and they're browsing net on cell phone and you remember a funny post and want to tell them quickly where it is, you can just say .. "go to sillystuff.com/funnystuff/thread/what-happened-today-at-work/" verbally speaking it out to them, it's location. It's faster and easier to say it and find it, versus "sillystuff.com/funnystuff/index.php/thread/21333-what-happened-today-at-work haha. Because on the fly, you won't easily remember thread IDs, etc.

Edit: Although that reasoning doesn't really pertain to SEO of course, just easier on remembering and spreading by word of mouth.. Lol. :P

Edited 4 times, last by Smooey ().

• hi,
    so the only thing you want to have is to remove the threadID from the url?
    the problem with that is, that the user can change the topic, but he cant change the threadID, so you can reach the thread forever with the threadID, but cant with the topic name alone.
    but ive created a quick topic search for my board, e.g.:
    http://coderz.pro/Thema/SVG-Upload
    and also created abbreviations which shouldnt be too hard to remember:
    http://coderz.pro/t6096

this is really easy to realize

• well personally, I'm not changing my URLs within the forum, we were just throwing out our own personal reasons for why we like the different SEO style urls, and I just threw in there about liking them short and sweet and easy to remember. :) That's neat what you did with yours though! :D

Edited once, last by Smooey ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!