Any English users here?

• Recently i've noticed that there isn't a big surge of english users here. Maybe we should finally come out and bring out our skills. I don't work so well with PHP but I do wonders when it comes to graphic design and web design.

So lets do a roll call and bring Woltlab Burning Board back to the English Community!

• Yes but it seems that there isn't alot of us though :)

But im about to change that for the community, hopefully i can bring back some of the great players of wBBMods.com

Lets just hope for a good outcome!

• Im neither an English user nor a good English speaker, but I'm glad to see that someone is taking the initiative :) I will try to support you as good as I can. There are about 10 times more plugins and tutorials available in German as in English. You could either develop some new cool plugins or if you can translate the plugin descriptions or tuts here into german to improve the English community in this board.

• Let me start by saying sorry about my name change, I felt my real name was a bit more personal for something like WCom. :thumbup:

As far as creating plug ins, I don't think i will be going that way, Im going for skins, styles and graphics. I will do my best bring some English coders to come help this place out. Thank you for your help that you are offering, hopefully we both will have the previlege of working today some day. :)

• Hiya! I only speak two languages. English, and bad English. I'm just here because I am an Admin for GameForge, and want to see about making my communities the best they can be. Hopefully, I can learn all about this stuff here :)

• I think there are lots of german users and developers "on board" who can write and support in (less or more good) english, but i think the biggest problem is the fact that most of them didn't activate the english language contents in their profile, so most of the threads written in english won't attract their attention. Any ideas to solve this problem?

Perhaps it would help matters if we write an announcement or something else to ask the dev's for english translations of their project-pages and show them the details how to do this. Maybe it can be also helpful to write a tutorial "Adding an english translation to your project-page". What do you think about this suggestions, Hawkes?

Greets, Martin
    (sorry about my poor english...)

• Perhaps it would help matters if we write an announcement or something else to ask the dev's for english translations of their project-pages and show them the details how to do this. Maybe it can be also helpful to write a tutorial "Adding an english translation to your project-page". What do you think about this suggestions, Hawkes?

I like it, but I think the users have to help each other, because there are several coders who are not familiar with English. Just look in the source code. Only English variable and function names... I hate it tbh. Programming languages are English so German variable names don't belong into the source code.

• Gameforge... hmm. when will you guys upgrade the OGame board from WBB2 to WBB3 ? :)

^^ It's actually up to the CoMa. I know that the Board Admin from Ogame.org does not was want to upgrade. He just wants the board to stay the same, and be faster. But I wished him luck with that ^^

• well its good to see all the english speakers coming out, Im going to try my best to bring in the rest of the english community just like wbbmods.com once was. This way we can have the german and english communities working togeter.

• I am Portuguese.. Not Brazilian.. Portuguese from Portugal :D

Gameforge... hmm. when will you guys upgrade the OGame board from WBB2 to WBB3 ? :)

Ogame Portugal hasn't wbb3 :(.. Many players don't like wbb3 ,i don't now why.. I think wbb3 is better than wbb2..

• Sean tried this wake up of the english users months ago, too. And i'm glad that more and more users come back ;) The english community could be bigger! I think when we launch the Beta 3 here, we will get more of them because it makes the international part more important. It will be easier to know which plugin needs a translation and which don't need it.

• The big problem is how we are trying to integrate the English and German communities. This place can be somewhat intimidating to english users when they first come here.

But we'll see, its just sad how the English Community is just a dying breed in WBB now.

• Its very depressing seeing these type of threads time and time again...
    Lets face it, it aint going to happen with the current situation is it?

Looking on the Support Forum of Woltlab and this Community under the English and its a ghost town...a real mess and a real shame.

Its pretty damb obvious that bringing two language communities together was not a good idea and caused the death of the English wBB interaction.

Revert back to seperate language sites (like the old days)
    Document the APIs for the Forum in English
    Get a couple of "Native speakers" on the coding / translating / Admin side
    and promote the guys, support them, guide them, fashion them into the new English wBB.

Anyway...I'm off :P
    Bye

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is that WoltLab is a german company thus their community is build upon germans. They're always trying to get this wide open but in opposite to other languages (spanish, etc) their placed in an own community. WoltLab tried to integrate the english community into the existing german one, which is in fact not a bad idea.

But if you get stuck you are free to ask here and you should receive help within time. I'm always trying to translate my plugins in english or give support to english speaking users. Don't give up, just because you didn't meet that huge amount of english speaking users you've expected ;)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!