Set session length - 5.x

• (Move this thread to the appropriate forum!)

Hey, I'm currently only using the Core but have been running into some session length issues when working on longer pages. There was apparently an option for this in 3.x (Session Time, according to a thread from 2017), but it seems to be absent from 5.x. Is it still possible to increase the length of a login session, and if so, how is this done?

Thanks.

• I guess I should clarify, hah.

I specifically mean ACP sessions, which definitely expire much faster. I'm phone-bound at the moment but my other admins who've been working on the pages have had issues with this timeout while working. There doesn't seem to be a way to increase this timeout from the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are essentially two limits:

• Hard limit: Every 12 hours the user must pass the reauthentication.
    • Soft limit: After 2 hours a reauthentication will be requested
    • Grace period: Activity before the expiration of the soft limit will add a grace period of 15 minutes that can be extended with every activity within 15 minutes. This period can delay the reauthentication until the user was inactive for 15 minutes or the hard limit is hit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!