Ignored users content is hidden on forum but still displayed on the Dashboard and when doing profile post search

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

If I ignore a user it hides their content on the forum from me. But it still shows it on the Dashboard page to me. Pretty sure also when I checked the ignored users profile page as well and search their posts, it even showed their posts there to me also.

I would have thought if you ignore a user and it hides their content from you on the forum, then it should be hiding it from you in other areas as well. And having the landing page set as Dashboard page, means you see anything they added on the forum right away displayed on Dashboard landing page, that is actually hidden from you on the forums

• When is being ignored, have you tried liking the ignored posting or report it to the staff of the site?

Could try to ignore then not ignore then ignore, maybe that will trigger ignoring all place.

• If I ignore a user it hides their content on the forum from me. But it still shows it on the Dashboard page to me. Pretty sure also when I checked the ignored users profile page as well and search their posts, it even showed their posts there to me also.

I would have thought if you ignore a user and it hides their content from you on the forum, then it should be hiding it from you in other areas as well. And having the landing page set as Dashboard page, means you see anything they added on the forum right away displayed on Dashboard landing page, that is actually hidden from you on the forums

Is this problem still with you? Seems you not are trying suggestions I post to you to see if it is fixing it.

• Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about.

Not sure either what that has to do with forum posts still being showed on Dashboard for reading to people that have that user stuck on ignore. It's hidden on the forums itself not for reading, but is still displayed for reading when the forum post is pulled on dashboard.

You could disable the Dashboard, but that's not the point. Many use the Dashboard as the landing page and is set as such by default.

• Is it dimmed out if your logged in as 'Admin'?

I don't have the test board installed right now but thought before when I tested ignoring a normal test account added that posted on the forum, it still showed content easy to read to me on the dashboard pulled from the forum post.

I don't seem to remember it looking dimmed out and hard to read

I'll test it again with BETA 3 later

• I tried to test BETA 3 last night, but for some reason (unlike when testing BETA 2). When I was saving some changed settings in Usergroups, it wasn't saving the settings and redirecting me straight to Dashboard index page out of the admin cp when I clicked save button

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I was saving some changed settings in Usergroups, it wasn't saving the settings and redirecting me straight to Dashboard index page out of the admin cp when I clicked save button

That's just mod_security going rampage, ask your host to assist you in identifying and disabling the faulty rules.

--

In other news, I have attached a screenshot from the Dashboard that shows activities from an ignored user (I've blocked you temporarily to create the screenshot). Hovering it will make it fully opaque, but content remains greyed-out.

• That's just mod_security going rampage, ask your host to assist you in identifying and disabling the faulty rules.

Yeah, it seems I have not asked for Mod Sec to be disabled on my other shared host account. I just installed BETA 3 now with mod sec disabled on my main shared account site and usergroups are saving with BETA 3 no problem.

• I asked for a Full Block plugin back in 2014 and nothing came from it. :rolleyes:X( Dimmed out text or content isn't always good of course, especially if you're the one being harassed .

For example there's some sick sexual pervert in the community of a few thousand members, the staff aren't always going to be quick to spot it and handle it, the female being harassed wants her mind at ease from that pervert/harasser and she won't have it. She'll eventually quit being active in the community all together and you'll lose a good member, even if or after the staff handle the harasser. "Dimming out" stuff isn't great solution, because traces of stuff are still there to be seen.

If I was her, I wouldn't want to see anything by the harasser at all, example; comments in gallery, blog, filebase, dashboard stuff, etc. You shouldn't have to edit or add CSS snippets to "display:none;" either, it should be default in software itself.

• WoltLab has one of the worst ignore features of any forum software that I know of. If you ignore or block a member, you shouldn’t see any of their content period.

This thread is a great example of just how bad the ignore/block feature is. I have the thread starter blocked but this thread shows up in the unread forums notices and I could see who started it. As a paying WoltLab customer who wants to use the support forums, I can't add "display: none" to the CSS on this website and if I could, I doubt it would keep the notices from appearing when there is a new reply to the thread.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LogixX (16. November 2017 um 11:35)

• I agree with others here. Blocked should be blocked, not dimmed.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Marcel Werk 8. Mai 2018 um 14:37

Hat das Label Geplant hinzugefügt.
  • Marcel Werk 8. Mai 2018 um 14:37

Hat das Label 3.2.x hinzugefügt.
  • Alexander Ebert 18. November 2018 um 23:19

Hat das Label von Geplant auf Umgesetzt geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!