Moderated User Groups 3.0

• I think it just adds the ability to create 'groups' people can join to view a forum (set-up for it) with permissions.

Think so anyway?

When you install the Beta (was same with 4.1 also), you are given the option during install if you want to install it extra or not (along with imports). So you don't have it unless you choose to install it extra during install process. Not sure if you can still install it later, or not - once the board is up and running?

I choose to install both Groups and Imports extra during install of Beta 1. So had to download and install all 3 updates to get to Beta 2 from Beta 1.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (4. Oktober 2016 um 11:28)

• Actually the wsc has only closed user groups which are administrated throu the ACP.

The plugin allows you to set groups as public so that users can join them theirself or as moderated so that you setup a group leader who can accept applications from users.

It is actually a system for frontend member management of groups.

• well, a litle bit, but groups must be added throu the acp and are also there administrated (so adding content for groups can't be done throu the frontend).

It's for example used to hide certain content from users who don't want to see it (for example beta stage downloads) but users can easily go to a group if they want to see the content.

Or if you have moderators you can give them permission to allow new VIP memberships without the need to grant them ACP Access.

• I just curious why woltlab team has to separate this from the core?

Actually the wsc has only closed user groups which are administrated throu the ACP.

Still, why do they make it an extra plug-in option? I've used phpBB that5 comes with groups included that you can set Private, Public, Hidden as part of the forum software.

• The WSC is free and open source, while the moderated user groups require a license to be used. WoltLab obviously didn't want to provide this functionality for free, therefore it couldn't be integrated into the framework.

Likewise, it's a separate plugin and not part of the forum software because customers not using the board but any other sold product (filebase, gallery etc.) may use the plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!