Bug with pasting in editor when using IPad using latest IOS

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

I have noticed a bug this week when cut and pasting into a thread on my iPad, another user is having the same issue and she is also using an iPad. If I try to do it on my PC I have no problems.

What happens is some of my members keep an ongoing table and each week they will cut and paste the last table posted and enter their details. Since this week they can no longer do that if they use an iPad. It appears to paste in fine but once you press submit code appears in the post:

Spoiler anzeigen

Hello everyone.<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"><br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Week.................................1............ ........2....................3.................... 4...................5.<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Sandra...<75.4>...................70.1.....................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">jmama...<93.1>...............................................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Kathy.....<98.6>..............................................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Baroness..<here>.............................................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Irma.......<here>....................92.....................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Goatfell...<here>..............................................................................................................<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 14px; line-height

• Are you clicking the BBCODE button (box symbol) on far left of editor to switch it over to plain text mode first before pasting the content. Anything pasted in the editor, that should be clicked first to take it out WYSIWYG mode that will copy formatting over if pasted when editor is in that mode.

Never mind, didn't read all of what you said at first. You was trying to 'paste a table', so guess you used WYSIWYG mode. Hmm, unless the table is put together using same method the editor uses it won't work. And generally pasting a table of content is not something you should be pasting in the editor. Anything pasted in editor should be done in BBCODE mode anyhow to strip out all alien formatting from text. Which is what has happened in your case because you pasted alien formatting in editor while in WYSIWYG mode because the editor doesn't construct a table of content in same way.

This is a table of content constructed in the editor using its own table option. Nothing at all like what you pasted.

11 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (11. September 2015 um 09:36)

• No I don't mean a table in a code sense these are just regular people that just make their own basic table, spacing their details out with full stops and they record their details on a particular day each week as a group. So they will simply copy and paste the last table posted and edit in their details, the next person will copy and paste theirs and so on until you have a table with everyone's details for that week. There is absolutely no reason code should appear, it is something that's been done for years and the problem only started happening this week!

I'm probably confusing it by talking about that particular table, I just copied and pasted a regular post and same thing, this happens whenever you copy and paste a post into another on the iPad (latest iOS)

Pasting is bugged on this forum too, it's just disappearing on me whenever I try to paste it in.

• No I don't mean a table in a code sense these are just regular people that just make their own basic table, spacing their details out with full stops and they record their details on a particular day each week as a group. So they will simply copy and paste the last table posted and edit in their details, the next person will copy and paste theirs and so on until you have a table with everyone's details for that week. There is absolutely no reason code should appear, it is something that's been done for years and the problem only started happening this week!

Code will appear in the pasted text because it's a WYSIWYG editor, it will happen with any editor that is WYSIWYG unless you first click the button putting it in Plain Text mode before pasting the text. When you copy text from something else you're also copying text formatting with it. That has always been the downfall of a WYSIWYG editor compared to a Plain Text one like phpBB uses that will never copy text formatting also across into it.

Solution is to tell your members to put the editor into Plain text mode before they paste anything in it. The problem though, either members don't know about doing it at first, or some are just too plain lazy to keep doing it.

I used to have a member on my forum who did same thing, he was a pain in the ass because he wrote everything in a Word Processor first like MS Word and then pasted it on forum always using WYSIWYG mode. It having loads of text formatting included with it. I know it's annoying when they keep doing it, I banned that member from my forum because of it after keep telling him to stop doing it.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (12. September 2015 um 12:07)

• Copi text or link with iPad is working, but must select BBCode before you can paste text or link into your post, it was not so with the 4.16 version, so maybe it's a bugs in 4.17??

I use iPad / safari ISO 9.0

Alexander, even here in this thread if I try to copy and paste your reply into this post it just vanishes straight after I paste it in.

Norwegian language files to (WSC 5.2 + 5.3 WSC 5.4 + 5.5 and The New 6.0 ) *no.xml* Unofficial Language Packs

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tunhj1 (19. September 2015 um 05:47)

• test with Samsung tap, and here is it ok, No ned to choose BBCODE befora a pastell text or link in to a post

Alexander, even here in this thread if I try to copy and paste your reply into this post it just vanishes straight after I paste it in.

Norwegian language files to (WSC 5.2 + 5.3 WSC 5.4 + 5.5 and The New 6.0 ) *no.xml* Unofficial Language Packs

• I'd say so, on this forum if I try to paste text using my iPad it vanishes but on my forum I can paste but it pastes with stylingso it looks like gibberish. I'm about to update to IOS 9 and see what happens :)

• Ok this still happens with iOS 9

@demon326 I have just noticed that if you type some text first you can then paste the link and post.

you do not need to write something, but you must choose BBCode before you paste link or text in the post with Ipad

so yes there is a bug in 4.17

I hope someone in WoltLab team also has an iPad, so that they can see the error

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tunhj1 (21. September 2015 um 11:27)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!