[beta 4] previous submitted post stays in editor

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

This is how my member (beta tester) words it...

I went to create a new thread in another forum and when I clicked the create thread tab, the editor opened up showing the previous post I had just made. I did not click "save draft" or attempt to save my posted post in any way. Now, I am aware of the auto save feature but I thought it would clear once you hit the submit button.

• It does clear on submit, I'm not able to reproduce that issue in any major browser.

He doesn't seem to be able to reproduce it either. But should he be able, this is his user agent.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.94 Safari/537.36

• Alright, I was able to reproduce this myself, here on woltlab.com

• Posted a new thread.
    • Submitted new thread.
    • Attempted to make new thread and previous contents were included into editor (see screen shot)

This doesn't seem to happen always though. ?(

Version: 27.0.1689.44 - Opera is up to date

Update stream: beta

System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (WoW64)

Browser identification

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.69 Safari/537.36 OPR/27.0.1689.44 (Edition beta)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've already taken a look at this and this is potentially a race-condition. Whenever a message is to be submitted, the stored value is purged, but the autosave worker (which runs frequently in the background) is not paused. This means that under certain circumstances it might happen that the message is saved immediately after the purge. This is very unlikely to happen, but would explain why it seem to randomly take place and is not reproducible.

I will add a fix for this and we'll see if it stops it from happening.

• I've already taken a look at this and this is potentially a race-condition. Whenever a message is to be submitted, the stored value is purged, but the autosave worker (which runs frequently in the background) is not paused. This means that under certain circumstances it might happen that the message is saved immediately after the purge. This is very unlikely to happen, but would explain why it seem to randomly take place and is not reproducible.

I will add a fix for this and we'll see if it stops it from happening.

Thank you @Alexander Ebert :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!