Discord Forum Sync

• Today I found out that Discord is launching an option to have forum channels on a Discord server. To bring the community and website more to life it would be great to have a way to synchronize forum posts between the WoltLab forum and Discord forum channels.

We already have several great Discord plug-ins that allow pushing messages to Discord and user synchronization, so this might be possible to achieve?

Discord Forum Channels

• In addition to what Hanashi has already said, beta features that are only introduced to a small subset of users may be subject to major (breaking) changes or even removal if they don't meet the expectations of the product management/business development department. Therefore, implementing such a plugin at this stage would be rather risky and not worthwhile until the feature is considered stable and rolled out to everyone.

• Because of this, the most developers (including me) can currently not use this channel type.

Would this be possible now?

This could allow a plugin to synchronize in both directions if paired with your discord sync plugin.

This might not be good for all threads in a forum, but it would be awesome if I could pair my forums offtopic forum with those in discord.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!