New server breaks woltlab

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.4

I'm willing to pay if someone can help me with this.

I can't seem to find it, as this used to work:

I've migrated Woltlab to a new server, with the same PHP FPM + Nginx versions and configuration.

You would assume everything would keep on working, however I get a blank page everywhere.
    No errors in the PHP error log.

I would expect an error to appear here if it would have been a memory limit issue?

/acp/ doesn't work neither to clear cache (also white).
    Removing the contents of /wcf/cache doesn't solve it.
    I've spent countless hours trying to make it work on the new server, but I can't find the issue.

Hereby my nginx rewrites in the Directadmin hosting panel:

If I remove the entire last part:

Code
    location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {
    }

Then the acp works fine, but
    - the homepage offers to download itself

- If I visit a topic on url: https://www.domain.com/Thread/24970-topicTitle/

If I look in the php error log:

[error] 3917341#0: *454788 "/home/user/domains/domain.com/private_html/index.php/Thread/24970-topicTitle/index.php" is not found (20: Not a directory)

Ps: I tried the suggestions from other topics, but they don't work neither:

Code
    location / {
        index index.php;
        try_files $uri $uri/ @rewrite;
    }

location @rewrite {
        rewrite ^/(forum/|cms/|wcf/|calendar/|filebase/|blog/|gallery/)?([^.]+)$ /$1index.php?$2 last;
    }

Do you guys with a fresh look see what I'm doing wrong?

Edited once, last by K.Rens ().

• I need to get it running before I can update it. ;)

I've tried updating it before, but it breaks a lot of custom code I wrote.

Aren't there any Woltlab skilled developer I can hire for this?

• Official Post

I need to get it running before I can update it. ;)

Actually, no.

Although you've enabled the legacy URL support (index.php/Thread/ instead of index.php?thread/, yes this makes a huge difference), the admin panel is always exempt from this. This means that you can run the upgrade even when the frontend doesn't play nicely.

• I remember again why I stopped updating Woltlab, I just tried it again:

I searched a lot in google, but no solution found so far.

- allow_url_fopen is enabled.
    - no logs in the firewall that it would be blocked by it, same issue if I disable the firewall

• Since on the new server nginx rewrites are no longer accepted (I get a 404 when updating in acp), I tried it on the old server, but there I get those ssl issues.

yum update ca-certificates returns:

Package ca-certificates-2020.2.41-65.1.el6_10.noarch already installed and latest version

So I'm fully stuck with no possibility to get it working.

• Official Post

Since on the new server nginx rewrites are no longer accepted (I get a 404 when updating in acp)

That's odd, the admin panel does not rely on them, the default URL schema that is used in the ACP does not require any configuration whatsoever. What URL is being accessed?

yum update ca-certificates returns:

Package ca-certificates-2020.2.41-65.1.el6_10.noarch already installed and latest version

So I'm fully stuck with no possibility to get it working.

The old HTTP implementation in Burning Board 4.1 is quite awful to debug, so I can't tell you the solution right away. We might be able to dig further into this via the ticket support.

That said, there is always one last resort: New installation of the current version, then import the data from the old one. The old installation doesn't need to be functional, the data must just be there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!