Rescue Mode Issues

• When I copied over my files and database from my live site over to a local development environment to perform some tests, I encountered the following problems with the ACP 'Rescue Mode' function:

The first issue appears to be a page design issue, as shown here:

And secondly, whenever I try to save the new domain values, I am met with a fatal error as follows:

Requested URL
    /woltlab/acp/index.php?rescue-mode/
    Referrer
    http://localhost:8888/woltlab/acp/index.php?rescue-mode/
    Error Message
    Undefined index: _activeMenuItems
    Type
    wcf\system\exception\ErrorException
    File (Line)
    /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/system/WCF.class.php (311)
    Stacktrace
    1. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/acp/templates/compiled/0_wcf_1_rescueMode.php (384): wcf\system\WCF::handleError(…)
    2. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/system/template/TemplateEngine.class.php (320): include(…)
    3. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php (308): wcf\system\template\TemplateEngine->display(…)
    4. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php (103): wcf\page\AbstractPage->show(…)
    5. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/acp/form/RescueModeForm.class.php (76): wcf\page\AbstractPage->__run(…)
    6. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/system/request/Request.class.php (83): wcf\acp\form\RescueModeForm->__run(…)
    7. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/lib/system/request/RequestHandler.class.php (94): wcf\system\request\Request->execute(…)
    8. /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/woltlab/acp/index.php (9): wcf\system\request\RequestHandler->handle(…)

As mentioned by jens1o, this second issue seems to be a duplicate of the bug report filed here: Rescue Mode: Fatal Error: Undefined index: _activeMenuItems.

Let me know if you need me to confirm any further details.

Edited once, last by Tom C: Added note explaining duplicate. ().

• Official Post

Tom C You can manually update the values in wcf1_application, after all this is pretty much everything that the rescue mode does. You might want to manually clear the cache (cache/*.php) afterwards to get rid of any cached values. It doesn't fix the above issues, but at least lets you back into your site ;)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!