Signature Text Line (Admin) becomes "striked out" after Editing Posts

• I have noticed (as Administrator) that my "Signature" gets a line strike positioned thru it after I have made an Edit to a previously made post.

It disappears (goes back to original condition of Signature Text - NO strike line) after having left the Post where this occurred - and later coming back to this same Post.

Please see Screen Shots (2).

Is this a "bug" ?

DJ,

Ruff Seas

• Official Post

I'm unable to reproduce this, but I assume that is related to the fancy formatting applied to both the message text and the signature. Can you confirm any sort of correlation or can you share me some instructions how to trigger this issue?

• I'm unable to reproduce this, but I assume that is related to the fancy formatting applied to both the message text and the signature. Can you confirm any sort of correlation or can you share me some instructions how to trigger this issue?

I went back to where (the post originally connected with this issue); and within that same Thread, I created another Post for test purposes.

Please see the 3 attachments. View 1: Displays original post; View 2: Displays test post just made (in SAME Thread as view 1); View 3: Displays

test post conditions AFTER EDITING has been applied.

I CANNOT reproduce this occurrence using the SAME posting procedures as in the Original Post (see Attachments)

But before coming here and posting this reply to you, I forgot to try making changes (make an EDIT) to the original post to see if the

Strike Line would place itself thru my Signature.

After making this post, I will ADD an UPDATE here IF it still continues to produce a "Strike Line" - if it does NOT, I will NOT add any "update" here.

DJ

UPDATE: 26 April 2017

Sorry, I was mistaken when I inserted Screen Shots displaying what I thought was the Post wherein this issue was FIRST noticed by me.

I will go back into the forum post where this issue came about and see if the problem still persists. I will post an UPDATE after that.

• I'm unable to reproduce this, but I assume that is related to the fancy formatting applied to both the message text and the signature. Can you confirm any sort of correlation or can you share me some instructions how to trigger this issue?

Reply to Alexander Ebert:

I, too, am unable to re-produce the affect as described in my original mention of this issue.

I am unable to determine what may or may not have led to the original problem; the only thing I know for sure is

that NO additional Plugins, or any other changes by me, have been initiated that could be considered a cause of the problem;

nor have I deleted any Plugins.

As for your comment regarding " 'fancy formatting applied to both the message text and the signature' ", I haven't changed

anything in this regard with posts I have made since this issue first appeared to me.

The ONLY one thing I can comment on that MAY have had an affect

would have been the way (manner / procedure) I used in including / editing LINKS to Website URL's.

I refer to the LINK Box that appears when a particular URL is "highlighted" that has been included in a Post;

meaning that I am careful in filing out the two lines that appear in that LINK BOX.

When I made my FIRST post that included a LINK, it is possible I may have incorrectly filled in those two areas of

the LINK BOX.

DJ,

Ruff Seas

• Official Post

The ONLY one thing I can comment on that MAY have had an affect would have been the way (manner / procedure) I used in including / editing LINKS to Website URL's.

That's not the cause for sure. I've mentioned formatting, because functions like font size and color internally use "strike-through" as a marker. If by any means the code fails to validate the range properly, this may impact text outside of the editor, but this is only a wild guess. I've checked the code to see if there is any sort of flaw that I could spot with the naked eye, but unfortunately I was unable to trace any offending code.

Please do not hesitate to report any similar incidents, anything you can tell what happened before is helpful, as it allows me to reconstruct the events that lead to an issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!