Image captions in multilingual articles

• Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or is intended. When inserting an "multilingual" image in a multilingual article the captions are not updated according to the language of the article but keep using the user interface language: my user account is in Spanish but I want to read the article in English, the image captions should be in English, not in Spanish:

Regards.

My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

Edited once, last by Caribe_Soy ().

• How can I fix this behavior?

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• Official Post

This is a limitation of the bbcode and media system, neither of them is aware of the content language in a specific language - it assumes everything to match the UI language.

Unfortunately there is no straight-forward approach to resolve this, because this short-coming of the implementation resides at a very low level, requiring significant changes to resolve this. Such fundamental changes may not take place during the lifetime of a stable release, hence a fix can earliest arrive with the next major release (WoltLab Suite 3.1).

• Too bad, I guess I will stop using multilingual image captions and just write the text below the image...

The captions are updated for guests, maybe a solution could be changing the language of logged users when the user chooses to read the article in other language, not only changing the language of the article. If that's possible, how to do it?

• Official Post

The captions are updated for guests, maybe a solution could be changing the language of logged users when the user chooses to read the article in other language, not only changing the language of the article. If that's possible, how to do it?

I'm afraid, but this is not possible.

--

I've already tried a few different approaches before replying to this thread, but none of them can be used to solve your problem. There is currently no work-around for this issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!