Broken Link in ACP

• Got RewriteInheritance. Sorry, my fault.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Placing it in the root does not cover other apps, never did and never will, that is technically impossible. If you think this was how it worked back when you were running WBB 4.1: I'm sorry, but again your memory fools you.

So in laymans terms - we need to place a separate htaccess file in each app folder also for Gallery, blog, filebase and calendar. Along with having one located in ROOT folder where the framework is installed. Just like I ended up doing with Beta 1.

Well this should really have been explained better for WBB 4.1, because most of us was using one htaccess file located in ROOT folder that covered all APPs in it as like duplicate exodus posted beforehand (no extra htaccess file placed in APPs folders) using 4.1. This was talked about a lot on the WBB Forum doing it that way and I never saw any of you staff say it was wrong doing that?

But funny thing is.. it seemed to work?

• Official Post

@GTB You're missing a crucial point here. The code posted by duplicate exodus is the same code as you provided, but duplicated for each directory it should cover! Compare them both more closely and you'll notice that there is a repeating pattern.

You can have one .htaccess in each app directory, or just one in the root that contains the instructions for each app separately, it has the same result. Only using the code you provided doesn't cut it, as it contained only instructions for that specific directory.

• WoltLab:

Nah, there are several people having only one .htaccess. Maybe they had set Rewrite Inheritance, which is there since Apache 2.4, i think.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• @GTB You're missing a crucial point here. The code posted by duplicate exodus is the same code as you provided, but duplicated for each directory it should cover! Compare them both more closely and you'll notice that there is a repeating pattern.

You can have one .htaccess in each app directory, or just one in the root that contains the instructions for each app separately, it has the same result. Only using the code you provided doesn't cut it, as it contained only instructions for that specific directory.

I feel like I'm going around in circles here. Did you miss where I said I also tried this and it didn't work to cover the forum with Beta 1 used without adding an extra htaccess file in forum folder?

• Official Post

I feel like I'm going around in circles here. Did you miss where I said I also tried this and it didn't work to cover the forum with Beta 1 used without adding an extra htaccess file in forum folder?

I never said it would work without doing that, while you insisted it worked that way back when you were using WBB 4.1. It never did and that was my whole point ;)

• @GTB provide me with FTP access and I will add it for you.

My code wroks 100% with WBB 5 and all links.

I do have like 50,000 posts imported and all can be opend.

So I can also open every single other applicaiton with the htaccess code I provided.

Windows 10

Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71

• Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!