Incorrect caret position after pasting of headlines with block content

• Do you mean still caching old posts made

I noticed before with this editor (that might not be related) to what you mean - when I was writing articles. That at times you go to edit an article and instead of it displaying what you added in editor - it now shows an 'older article' I might have wrote before during a previous test install done (maybe it used same article URL ID) not sure - displayed as text now in editor, happened a lot as well that as though there's too much aggressive caching going on

• Official Post

I might have wrote before during a previous test install done (maybe it used same article URL ID) not sure - displayed as text now in editor, happened a lot as well that as though there's too much aggressive caching going on

Drafts are saved in the local storage using the install path as unique identifier. If you're installing the software again using the same exact paths, the drafts will still be recognized and thus offered.

• How would the drafts be saved when I might use same install path again, but the DB is completely emptied and clean install done?

Where are drafts being saved too, I would have thought the DB.

• I mean for example; I've installed it one time and added an article. Then later deleted site, emptied DB, clean install done and add article again (a completely different story). Then I might go to article page on front-end and click edit article and when it's loaded in Admin CP it replaced the text story with another story added from a previous install done.

So I'm left having to cancel the edit and try again later on thinking it's just a cache thing that will expire and same happens again.

• Official Post

How would the drafts be saved when I might use same install path again, but the DB is completely emptied and clean install done?

Where are drafts being saved too, I would have thought the DB.

Drafts are saved in the local storage using the install path as unique identifier.

@GTB "local storage" refers to the local storage of the browser.

• But it's a completely different story it gets replaced with. Not a draft of same story

Like it remembers the older "different article" added in a previous install using same URL ID for that article added with another new install. Seeing as each install always used same install path, if I added first article on two different installs (they use same SEO Friendly URL still) as though that causes - when editing the article, to replace the story text at times with a previous different article story added beforehand (on a different install) done.

• Official Post

Drafts are saved using the absolute physical path of the installation to tell them apart. Enabling URL rewrite does not change this value. Again this is only happening because you are replacing the same installation over and over again.

• Yes, I understand it's only happening due to keep installing the software in same location. Not a problem that would happen once you settle on a permanent install using a different URL each time. I know what you mean...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!