Language - 'wcf.acp.group.option.user.blog.canAddComment' (In discussion)

• Affected App
    WoltLab Suite Blog

WCF use Can create comments phrase.

Woltlab Blog

Diff
    - <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.blog.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can comment on articles]]></item>
    + <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.blog.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>

Woltlab Calendar

Diff
    - <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.calendar.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can comment on events]]></item>
    + <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.calendar.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>

Woltlab Filebase

Diff
    - <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.filebase.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can write comments]]></item>
    + <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.filebase.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>

Woltlab Gallery

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.gallery.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>

Woltlab Community Framework

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.profileComment.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>
  • I think it looks good each phrase according to its own context and can create comments is kind of ugly, but "para gustos, los colores" .(There's no literal translation so "to each his own").

My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• Hi @Caribe_Soy,

I'm trying to use the same type of message for the same actions. Normally I use the Woltlab Community Framework as reference to report. The option is canAddComment. We have three differents messages for the same action: Can create comments (WCF and Gallery), Can write comments (Filebase) and Can comment on... (Blog and Calendar).

Woltlab Community Framework

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.profileComment.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>

Woltlab Blog

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.blog.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can comment on articles]]></item>

Woltlab Calendar

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.calendar.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can comment on events]]></item>

Woltlab Filebase

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.filebase.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can write comments]]></item>

Woltlab Gallery

Code
    <item name="wcf.acp.group.option.user.gallery.canAddComment"><![CDATA[Can create comments]]></item>
  • Hi @Aethior,

I know you're using WCF as a reference, I have read some of your posts and it's great what you're doing. By the way, maybe I can collaborate with you since I also have also translated some plugins to Spanish :) .

Back to the point... I think in this case, the phrases depending on the context give a plus to the software, that little details are important, make the customer to like the software even more, it's more aesthetic even if it is for the same function.

Saludos.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• I like so much receive feedback, because I can reconsider and discuss my opinion.

In Spanish we have two problems: translate is difficult because Spanish language has a lot synonyms and prepositions (the translations are more large), and a lot technical terms not have translation.

For the ACP I prefer short phrases. The most important reason is thinking in the mobile resolution. Example:

Edited 2 times, last by Aethior ().

• I don't have the calendar, but I guess those phrases are under a "category" called Calendar/Events (I don't know). If you want those phrases to be shorter thinking in mobile devices, I would suggest:

Puede comentar en eventos (same that you have) or Puede comentar eventos

Puede editar comentarios propios

Puede eliminar comentarios propios

The last two we can understand that we're talking about events.

• I think I see what's you're trying to achieve with the suggestion on your first post. I just think that can create comments is correct but ugly.

• Your suggestion is (in English for other members :P):

Right? I think I like it.

• Can we say Can comment on files? Maybe Can comment the files? ?( :huh:

• What I decided to do was go another route all together for blog related stuff, example;

blog = journal "john created blah journal"
    articles = entries "can comment on entries"
    article = entry "john commented on your blah entry"
    etc

Of course this takes forever to go through all the language variables making custom edits /changes to all of them each new installation of wcf/burning board / blog, was thinking if it's easy, I'd try and make plugin for it lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!