Error on delete

• The issue occurs in a specific query scenario and this bug is not present in any MySQL versions nor in any MariaDB version except for 10.0.21.

Ip.Board
    XenForo
    phpBB
    FluxBB
    WordPress

All work flawlessly on MariaDB 10.0.21. Please resolve your "specific query scenario" in WoltLab.

Edited once, last by Aslan ().

• Please show me a major development currently facing this issue.

I'm not going to have another, senseless discussion with you, because you always think, that everyone is wrong and the only one who's right is you.

But to do you a favor:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum…/4328299-abort-of-upgrade
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum…-5-1-9-stuck-on-last-step

However... You cannot compare apples and oranges.

The (temporary) solution is known: Perform a downgrade. Otherwise, wait for the next MariaDB version. I'l bet 3ct, that it's fixed there w/o the need to change anything on WoltLabs side ;)

• I'm not going to have another, senseless discussion with you, because you always think, that everyone is wrong and the only one who's right is you.

I have no such arguments. Because I don't think I'm always right. :rolleyes: Far from it...

But to do you a favor:

vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbul…/4328299-abort-of-upgrade
    vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbul…-5-1-9-stuck-on-last-step

^ These have nothing to do with MariaDB 10.0.21

• Doubt he'll be able to downgrade because he's on shared hosting. Not likely they will downgrade that same way as offering different phpBB versions to pick from.

• Doubt he'll be able to downgrade because he's on shared hosting. Not likely they will downgrade that same way as offering different phpBB versions to pick from.

I can swap PHP versions. But MySQL doesn't work in the same manner.

• Says who?

Pointing at any random "gone away error" doesn't mean it is associated with MariaDB. Especially when there is no mention of it.

I can't find any information about the used SQL servers.

Exactly.

"Gone away" errors are nothing new and usually have to do with configurations and not the version of MySQL.

Oh and just in case you don't know- or forgot it: MariaDB is just a MySQL fork.

I did know this. So is Percona. There are others too.

• I would understand and support you, if this would be a problem since any change of the WoltLab software or if MariaDB applied a backward incompatible change that needs attention. But that's not the case. The case is, that MariaDB published an update and that this update causes this error message in some situations. So the WoltLab forum is not the right place to report this problem. The right place would be the MariaDB bugtracker.

TL;DR:

The problem exists since the new MariaDB version is out and not since a new version of any WoltLab software came out.

• I would understand and support you, if this would be a problem since any change of the WoltLab software or if MariaDB applied a backward incompatible change that needs attention. But that's not the case. The case is, that MariaDB published an update and that this update causes this error message in some situations. So the WoltLab forum is not the right place to report this problem. The right place would be the MariaDB bugtracker.

The issue occurs in a specific query scenario

Whatever "specific query scenario" that is exclusive to WoltLab and is not found in any other major forum development... Is a concern at the moment.

I really wonder or would like to know the specifics of why this is affecting WoltLab and only WoltLab as opposed to other major known forum developments.

Because I'd like to know why I'm going to have to wait a few months (or so)... Before I can use my copy of WoltLab without incurring additional cost. Or be forced to incur those extra cost (and time) in order to properly use my copy of WBB.

• Idc about other developments. You can find a list of notable MariaDB changes here: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mari…iadb-10021-release-notes/

As you can see, nothing special changed. Nothing, that needs any attention.

However... I've heard, that a recreation of the database and it's tables might be a workaround. I did not test it, but feel free to test it by yourself. Perform a simple backup of your DB, recreate it and import the backup.

• Official Post

The issue exists only in MariaDB 10.0.21, neither any prior versions nor the current development branch (10.1) is affected by this, only this specific version has this bug. Furthermore MySQL is entirely not affected and MariaDB is essentially a MySQL-fork.

"Specific query scenario" might be a bit misleading, because we're not performing miracles, but instead at this specific point is a set of queries that ultimately lead to MariaDB crashing. This is caused by a bug in MariaDB 10.0.21.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!