List of reliable and supported hosts compatible with Burning Board

• keep in mind that this is a German provider, so latency may not be too great (though IceBlueHost was hosted on Hetzner, here in Germany, as well from what I've read).

Yeah, I understand that part of it, and I'm okay with it. With IceBlueHost, I was on Canada server first then France server, both with OVH. Which in my opinion are crap data centers, always doing maintenance etc which is down times. The site loaded fine and fast though when it was functioning properly and host paid his bills like supposed too.. Lol.

I'm confused now, the 0,99 euro fee for just using SSL is there in normal PrivatPlan http://all-inkl.com/webhosting/paketvergleich/ But included in PrivatPlus Plan for few bucks more? But charges are there for both plans, if using own SSL? If I choose to use Cloudflare Free SSL to do Stripe Payments/Donations on Site... I'd have to pay 0,99 fee monthly besides plan fee? Or if I find free SSL cert to use and add to their account, again 0,99 fee? Notice right side is PrivatPlus Plan

• If I choose to use Cloudflare Free SSL to do Stripe Payments/Donations on Site... I'd have to pay 0,99 fee monthly besides plan fee? Or if I find free SSL cert to use and add to their account, again 0,99 fee? Notice right side is PrivatPlus Plan

These are quesitons better posed to the allinkl support itself.
    Furthermore, they told you they are going to start working with letsencrypt soon as well (free of charge)

• These are quesitons better posed to the allinkl support itself.
    Furthermore, they told you they are going to start working with letsencrypt soon as well (free of charge)

Yeah, I spoke with them, but between responses from them (slow times or w/e) figured I'd ask here anyway. :P
    Yeah, correct. Lol. I'm stressing out man, I lost it all remember, I'm not thinking clearly lol.

But, might not be able to use them anyway now, because I don't think I can send them funds from Stripe account, plus other online transfer sites from US to Germany are charging 4.99 to 3.00 fees to convert currencies, so like with one site just to send 7,95 euro I'd have to pay 14.99 usd (Xoom). With TransferWise, it's 3.00 fee, and would have to send 11.90 USD each time so host got full 7,95 euro for host payment each month.

• Then go with an US host, mentioned in this thread by many others..

Looks like I will have too, but let's not forget you're the one that started me on this one lmao... Now you're frustrated about it, it's fine. lol And it's not my fault they don't take other payment options, just only bank transfers. I was debating on doing transfers regardless the 3.00 fee with transferwise site. Will be 11.90 usd to send them 7,95 euro payments.. debating on doing that yet or not.

• I wasn't posting same over and over, it's just a complex thing in general. And I'm not familiar with YOUR host of course, so when they're not answering questions, I look to others for answers. I know no one can make my decisions, I'll figure something out...

Edit: (Just repeating the same thing again, of course I never said this previously) It's not possible with Western Union Netspend account to add to XE Trade account for transferring funds. You have to add local bank, then wait 2 days for two little amounts to deposit in local bank, then verify bank within XE Trade (no big deal). Representative told me would be $9.05 USD to transfer 7.95 EUR to Germany. Not bad at all, compared to other services out there.

Plus I'll have 3 months to get the XE Trade stuff setup and situated and in place before needing to use it to start paying host. I'll just add another bank account in Stripe, and switch off automatic rolling transfers to manual transfers and do the transfers accordingly to each bank. Some funds to local bank to cover hosting bill each month, some funds going to WU Netspend Card for online purchases.

Using their services they said:
    https://www.xe.com/

This is how our service works:

1) You book a transaction using the secure XE trade website to convert your funds. Once you hit the "Confirm Trade" button this locks in the exchange rate. The rate does not change during the processing of the trade.
    2) You send us the funds (directly from your bank account) to be converted. This is the "payment" for the transaction. Payments can be conducted by Direct Debit (Canada, U.S. only) or Wire transfer.
    3) We convert the funds that you have provided to the currency you specified.
    4) We deliver the converted currency as you specified.

Putting these notes here in thread so English users can see it and know what to do in order to get German based hosts. Of course others see it as repeating things when it's not really, it's keeping notes of what I'm doing for other English to see and read if they're curious about the same options.

Edited 8 times, last by Smooey ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!