[4.1 beta 2] Cannot paste photo from clipboard

• Affected App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

So I tested this myself and one of my members found this out also. Redactor is made easy so you can copy and paste an image from your clipboard...

Particularly, not just from one site to another in your browser, but also using something simple such as the little "Snipping Tool" that comes in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 (Microsoft's answer to making screen captures).

This worked before, but it seems to have stopped.

My browser:

Version: 26.0.1656.60 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (WoW64)
    Browser identification
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36 OPR/26.0.1656.60

• What my member is using

Mozilla/5.0 Mozilla version 5.0 Originally indicated the Netscape web browser, now a generic term which most modern browsers use
    Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT version 6.1 Windows 7 (or possibly Windows Server 2008 R2)
    WOW64 WOW64 version 64 bit Windows-On-Windows 64-bit. A 32-bit application is running on a 64-bit processor.
    AppleWebKit/537.36 AppleWebKit version 537.36
    KHTML, like Gecko KHTML, like Gecko
    Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36 Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36
  • And for even more simplicity on explaining the issue... This is what Redactor demo's and it works before

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

See copy and paste

• Dragged and dropped into the editor

Ya, not what I'm doing.

Assuming you're using Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 ....

Open "Snipping Tool" to take a simple screen shot.
    Click on the copy button
    Right click, paste here

IT should paste, but it doesn't.

Watch the Redactor video above

• OR draw something in MS Paint or whatever art program you wish (Adobe Photoship or Gimp for example).

Cut or copy from your drawing, and attempt to paste it here.

• Official Post

Pasting raw image data from clipboard is only supported in Firefox since other browsers do not consistently expose the required data.

Version 10.0.1

• DEPRECATED Clipboard image uploads (clipboardImageUpload setting). This feature will be improved and re-introduced as soon as browsers and OS manufacturers unify the way they handle files in clipboard.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!