clickable thread and forum rows

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

As it stands now, you have to precisely click on the thread title or forum title in order to be directed to where you want to go. This is be a little harder on mobile users, especially when the text (titles of other threads or forums) is so grouped closely together.

WBB already highlights the whole thread and forum bar when you hover over it. It would be nice if the whole things was clickable as well.

That's exactly how I have it on my site and mobile users find it very helpful and easy to navigate.

example:http://sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/

• Most people don't actually like that feature, it leads to a lot of random clicks as they click on a window to bring it to front.

Maybe on mobile only, or let the use set the option, but it shouldn't be on by default.

It would be great as a quickly set user option with the choices of: Always On, On Only on Mobile, Always Off.

It could be a useful feature to help set this apart from XF.

• Official Post

That's pure JavaScript thus it can be easily added through a 3rd party plugin. Also having these click handlers defined is rather dangerous, browsers can quickly mix up the different click targets and yield different behaviors.

• That's pure JavaScript thus it can be easily added through a 3rd party plugin. Also having these click handlers defined is rather dangerous, browsers can quickly mix up the different click targets and yield different behaviors.

I guess its a personal preference. I and many of my members had issues trying to not mistakenly click on the wrong text, but have no problem click on the bar (which included the text)

Edited once, last by Aslan ().

• Official Post

I've evaluated similar approaches (but in a different matter) more than once and while I can get it to work smoothly in my target case, even small changes can have a major impact. If you apply such a logic in an controlled environment where you know exactly what is going to be displayed, then it's rather easy and quickly deployed. Things get more complicated if you're the vendor of a platform which can be modified in any possible way and suddenly you no longer have the clean environment you've built your click handlers in.

Honestly, the idea isn't bad at all and I kind of like it, but adding it directly to the core is a bit too dangerous in my favor, speaking in terms of stability and reliability.

• I've evaluated similar approaches (but in a different matter) more than once and while I can get it to work smoothly in my target case, even small changes can have a major impact. If you apply such a logic in an controlled environment where you know exactly what is going to be displayed, then it's rather easy and quickly deployed. Things get more complicated if you're the vendor of a platform which can be modified in any possible way and suddenly you no longer have the clean environment you've built your click handlers in.

Honestly, the idea isn't bad at all and I kind of like it, but adding it directly to the core is a bit too dangerous in my favor, speaking in terms of stability and reliability.

I can respect that answer. It has to remain compatible with everyone's need in general... I can respect and appreciate that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!