Scotland - Votes NO on independence

• It's 9 am in Scotland right now (4 am here) and I woke up just now to find out the final total. :)

The final result in the referendum was 1,617,989 votes in favor of independence from the United Kingdom to 2,001,926 against.

This means the pro union camp won by a margin of just over 10%, with 55.25% of the vote to 44.65% which was a much wider gap than than opinion polls in the final days leading up to the vote had suggested.

So the NO vote officially has won.

• Well, I just hope they can move forward now and resolve the underlying issues that lead to Scotland wanting to be independent in the first place ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Well, I just hope they can move forward now and resolve the underlying issues that lead to Scotland wanting to be independent in the first place ;)

England promised Scotland more direct control and power if they voted, no. To exactly what extent is still unknown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!