Watch file option missing

• App
    WoltLab Suite Filebase

As far as I can tell, there is no visual option to watch a file, yet there is a sub menu to review the files you are watching.

#Hashtag Support - A new way of tagging.

^ Take this for example. Where is the "watch" button or link.

http://www.woltlab.com/plugins…ndex.php/WatchedFileList/

^ Yet there is a place to see all the files you are watching

If this is not a bug, please move this to the feature suggestion forums. Because I would suggest there be an actual visual link or button on each file that allowed me to watch it. If there is one it's clearly not intuitive and I would suggest it be placed in a more noticeable location.

EDIT: See this post to better understand what I'm talking about = Watch file option missing

• You can add the file to the watch list on the top right navigation bar:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• If this is not a bug, please move this to the feature suggestion forums. Because I would suggest there be an actual visual link or button on each file that allowed me to watch it. If there is one it's clearly not intuitive and I would suggest it be placed in a more noticeable location.

I stand by my statement.

This needs to be more intuitive. When you hover your mouse over that icon, it reads "manage subscriptions". When I think of that, as would anyone else... I think it's to manage my current subscriptions and not to necessarily look there to add more.

I'm not alone in thinking this. I had 9 people from my site, SociallyUncensored.eu try to find the "follow" button. Also a few people from an administrator site (theadminzone.com) also could not find where you follow.

Really suggest that there be a "follow" or "subscribe" button. Something virtually noticeable and intuitive

• You can easily create a custom theme where those buttons are bigger. I agree that in the default theme those buttons clearly lack visibility.

On the other hand, once you've learned to look there for buttons it's quite a clever system.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• You can easily create a custom theme where those buttons are bigger. I agree that in the default theme those buttons clearly lack visibility.

On the other hand, once you've learned to look there for buttons it's quite a clever system.

The size of the button was not my point.

The name of the button
    Where the button is located

Those were my points. This would be a better alternative.

^ Now obviously, I'm not a graphics designer. I'm only giving one example of where you could place a button. This button could have the tooltip that reads "follow" or "subscribe". This would be more intuitive and ideally where one would expect to find it.

• The phrase is not the only issue. If it was only the phrase, I wouldn't be making a suggesting.

The location is also a primary issue. No one intuitively thinks to look there to follow a file. I had people from 2 different sites, a collective grand total of 17 people, try to find the follow / subscribe button on the file manager (if you include me, that would be 18 people). No one could find it or thought to look there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!