REMOVE 4 step quote

• This is really driving me crazy. I'm not use to not being able to easily add more, after I have already click reply.

• Official Post

I have a few ideas related to this, but it takes some time to evaluate different approaches and how they turn out to be useful and user-friendly. Besides that I'm currently focused at resolving the existing issues and getting things ready for the beta release. I rather use the time to get everything straightened up before I start changing stuff which in return could break everything else.

It's way easier to resolve issues from new things isolated instead of wasting time to resolve the side effects caused by different bugs affecting each other. In general bug fixing is about tracing down the issue by going step-by-step back to see at what point things start to fell apart. From that point I can look into what is happening and why, eventually leading to a solution.

That might not sound that obvious, but the problem is that in such a huge software a lot of things affect each other, mostly because different modules work together to achieve something. Not every bug is caused by a flaw in the code for the new feature, instead an already existing bug can have side-effects which cause the code to fail. This is the worst nightmare of all, because you can work on your code for eternity but you'll either never find the issue (because there is none) or you build a work-around assuming that everything else is right. The second case is dangerous because once you resolve the original issue, your work-around starts to fail and you end up trying to get this fixed again. Remember, the code was never broken, something else was.

• Well atleast from the perspective of a user, I think this new version is running pretty awesome for an alpha. You're doing a great job :)

• Thats how it works in XF.

Hello there. Welcome to The WBB Test Site and thanks for helping bug hunt. So who are you on Taz?

I have a few ideas related to this, but it takes some time to evaluate different approaches and how they turn out to be useful and user-friendly. Besides that I'm currently focused at resolving the existing issues and getting things ready for the beta release. I rather use the time to get everything straightened up before I start changing stuff which in return could break everything else.

It's way easier to resolve issues from new things isolated instead of wasting time to resolve the side effects caused by different bugs affecting each other. In general bug fixing is about tracing down the issue by going step-by-step back to see at what point things start to fell apart. From that point I can look into what is happening and why, eventually leading to a solution.

That might not sound that obvious, but the problem is that in such a huge software a lot of things affect each other, mostly because different modules work together to achieve something. Not every bug is caused by a flaw in the code for the new feature, instead an already existing bug can have side-effects which cause the code to fail. This is the worst nightmare of all, because you can work on your code for eternity but you'll either never find the issue (because there is none) or you build a work-around assuming that everything else is right. The second case is dangerous because once you resolve the original issue, your work-around starts to fail and you end up trying to get this fixed again. Remember, the code was never broken, something else was.

Thank for the reply, @Alexander Ebert I completely understand. Just wanted to know if this was still on your 'to do list'. Good to know it is. :)

• Official Post

@Atlantis I've just uploaded an update for the quote system, that's as far as I can go at this time without making major (and possibly backward incompatible) changes. I will spend some more time on the quote system with Community Framework 2.2 / Burning Board 4.2.

• This is pretty nice, but is it possible to change the Quote-Button of a post also ?
    Most of the Time i use the full-quotes because they have the whole formatting...

• @Atlantis I've just uploaded an update for the quote system, that's as far as I can go at this time without making major (and possibly backward incompatible) changes. I will spend some more time on the quote system with Community Framework 2.2 / Burning Board 4.2.

Most of the Time i use the full-quotes because they have the whole formatting...

@Atlantis I've just uploaded an update for the quote system, that's as far as I can go at this time without making major (and possibly backward incompatible) changes. I will spend some more time on the quote system with Community Framework 2.2 / Burning Board 4.2.

This is pretty nice, but is it possible to change the Quote-Button of a post also ?

@Alexander Ebert awesome!!! Fantastic work

• @Atlantis I've just uploaded an update for the quote system, that's as far as I can go at this time without making major (and possibly backward incompatible) changes. I will spend some more time on the quote system with Community Framework 2.2 / Burning Board 4.2.

I'm more than saticfied with the new changes. 8o 8)

Thank you very much @Alexander Ebert :thumbup: :thumbup: