Editing the Gender Field

• Quick question - I'm looking to add more options to the 'gender' field, but I'm not sure how to use the options that are already there. Since it's 1:wcf.user.gender.male, do I just add another, like 3:wcf.user.gender.genderqueer or do I have to find and edit a file somewhere to add that option to make it work? I tried just replacing all the existing values with ones I wanted without the numbers, but then on pages like members and profiles, it'd just say Female 18 Member since Apr 21st 2014 , ignoring the options actually selected. I also tried finding the area referenced here; wcf\system\option\user\SelectOptionsUserOptionOutput but I couldn't mind it.

EDIT: Occurred to me I probably should have put this in help board - can someone move this?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von AlexTuesday (23. April 2014 um 21:50)

• I was looking for something like this before, to have option for Trans-gender/Trans-Sexual or similar, and was told it can't really be done editing core files, but with a custom plugin. I just didn't bother asking in the "Wishes for new plugins" forum yet, because I wasn't in dire need of it lol. It would be nice though to have a way to add more options to that field. Some people take their sexuality seriously, get angry and insulted, if you don't cater to their needs or wants. I had trans-genders angry with me before because I only had "male" and "female" gender options, and "male" and "female" forum only sections.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (24. April 2014 um 01:03)

• I was looking for something like this before, to have option for Trans-gender/Trans-Sexual or similar, and was told it can't really be done editing core files, but with a custom plugin. I just didn't bother asking in the "Wishes for new plugins" forum yet, because I wasn't in dire need of it lol. It would be nice though to have a way to add more options to that field. Some people take their sexuality seriously, get angry and insulted, if you don't cater to their needs or wants. I had trans-genders angry with me before because I only had "male" and "female" gender options, and "male" and "female" forum only sections.

Yeah, I'm having it for similar reasons. If there isn't a way to add them, then I'll probably just delete the field and add my own custom field - maybe do some edits to how the member and profile pages list it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!